Tuesday, October 11, 2011

inspired - fine art photographer

remember this post? well, i liked it so much that it inspired a whole color study! i have never enjoyed doing these in the past, but i was so excited for this one. in fact, i think it will be an ongoing study. i originally started with yellow and grey, but i decided to simplify to just yellow. i absolutely love the yellow and grey though!






this is an overlay of two different photographs. no adjustments done (other than the overlay, of course)



this is the door to my mom's laundry room when she was in college. i bet she never dreamed that her future daughter would one day be photographing it! this is my favorite from the study.

give me some feedback on this - especially if you've never commented before! i want to know who you are - especially if i don't know you personally! give it a try. it will be liberating  :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Sunshine Yellow! I love the theme, but my feedback is that you should keep either natural or unnatural objects as your yellow subjects. I felt as if the trees were misplaced in this category although it was a lovely picture!

Thank you for sharing!

Cherise King

Allison Kay said...

Thank you for your feedback! And I agree with you, but I didn't want to do a separate post for it, so I made it work. haha! But you're right :)

Colby and MyKel said...

That's a really nice chair! Where can I find one of those? Is that the chair that your mom used to use while doing laundry by hand? Or did they have washing machines. I like all the lines in this photo. It seems like they are all moving towards the white door...and they seem to almost be concave down like a rainbow. Is this from the shape of the lens, with the nadir being the door?

Allison Kay said...

hahaha! Mykel, I stole that chair from a boys apartment (yes, I got some strange looks) and it literally almost fell apart as I was carrying it. I promise, you don't want that chair. And the lines in the photograph are probably curved because the building is forever old and literally starting to sag! But, I really liked your word usage of "nadir" :)

Thanks for the comments! Keep them coming!!!